Welcome to Knowing Me Ministries Website!!
We would like to thank you for checking us out!! We are a husband and wife team that work with the homeless. This ministry is two fold and very unique in what God has called us to.
1) The street ministry that Michael heads up
2) The property for families that Angela is in charge of
We are excited about this ministry. We both have gifts and they work hand in hand to be one ministry. God gave both of us a heart for helping people and we are excited to see how He works through us.
So, please take a few minutes and check us out. We have information on both parts of the ministry down below and then more details on other pages.
What Happens Daily As Part of the Street Ministry
- Walk the streets daily
- Go into the camps reaching the homeless
- Being a friend
- Helping through life
- Encouraging them to keep going
- Drive them to appointments for job interviews, housing, rehab, hospital and doctor, etc
- Bible studies
- Prison visits
- Work within community court helping homeless to get their assignments done
- Help get id
- Help to bring justice
- Find housing
- Pass out weekly food that is donated into the camps
- Pass out donated tents and other items
Video about the ministry:
Help Us Help The FAMILIES Out There:
"A Place of Peace"
Angela has had a vision for several years now for a piece of property with several houses on it so we can help struggling families out there. We as a family were homeless for a year and half and know first hand what that is like. Day to day is pure chaos and there isn't true rest. Angela wants to provide a place of peace for families who need a helping hand. It will not be a "cookie cutter" like any other organization. PLEASE take a few minutes to read the vision for this property and then how you might help.
What We Will Offer On the Property
- It will be for families.
- Physical Help: medical care, healthy meals, education on good eating habits, help with addictions, showers and bathrooms, clean clothes
- Spiritual Guidance: Bible studies, Biblical counseling, discipleship
- Mental Help: Counseling and care for mental issues both on-site and in the community
- Social Help: practice with social and relationship skills
- Work Skills: job training, internships, stewardship training by working on the property, computer skills
- Parenting Classes: parenting skills, counseling on keeping families together, abortion alternatives and pregnancy support
- Urban farming: become self-sufficient, learn work and survival skills, practice work ethics, learn to value and care for God's creation
- Office Space: storage for files, home base for ministry work
- Residence: We, along with any Knowing Me Ministries staff that wants to will live on-site to facilitate the growth of the Christian community and provide daily accountability and encouragement. They would be readily available for emergencies and to complete daily work.
- It will be called "A Place of Peace".
ATTENTION! ATTENTION!! HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Donate Money for the purpose of the property and construction. You can make out a check to Knowing Me Ministries but in the memo put "A Place of Peace"
- Donate yourself or services. You may feel God's leading to join us whether it be to move here and live as a community on the property or to volunteer your services daily, weekly, or monthly.
- We need people on the property committee that have gifts to help us get this started!! We need a grant writer, financial advisor, someone who can draw up plans for the property, etc. If you think you can be of service and want to help get this vision moving forward, please contact us!!
- Donate materials
- Help build the homes on the property
Helping to bring Justice:
One of our passions in this ministry is to fight for justice. One of the things mentioned in the Bible over and over is how we are to help fight for justice. We work behind the scenes and see a lot of injustice especially for the poor and/or homeless. We help with this cause and are going out speaking and teaching others how to help fight for justice. This does not mean protests, but hands on work in helping get word out and helping the ones that need a voice, hands and feet to help them out. We also work within the legal system to hold accountable those who oppress others or abuse their authority.